NHS Shetland Endowment Fund
What is an Endowment Fund?
NHS Shetland Endowment Fund is a charity recognised by the Inland Revenue and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
All donations received are held in Trust within the Endowment Fund until used. The Endowment Fund is in addition to, and separate from, the money used by NHS Shetland to provide day to day health services.
Over the years many patients have benefited from the purchase of equipment, additional comforts and amenities all made possible through the generosity of someone making a gift to the Endowment Fund.
You can support NHS Shetland Endowment Fund by the following methods and you can specify exactly how you wish your donation to be used.
- Add Gift Aid to your Donation
- Through My Donate
- Leaving a legacy or bequest in your will
All donations received from the smallest to the largest are greatly appreciated.
Who can make a donation?
NHS Shetland can accept and hold within their Endowment Fund donations from individuals, clubs & societies, work groups, companies, or any other organisation.
How will my donation be used?
You can specify how you wish your donation to be used and which department, ward or hospital you wish to benefit from your donation. Examples donations may be used for:
- To purchase a specific piece of equipment
- To benefit patients of a given ward or department or service or hospital
- Purchasing amenities for patients
If you do not specify, then your donation will be added to the Endowment Fund and used for the benefit of patients and staff within NHS Shetland.
How do I donate?
- Download and complete the donation form sending it with your donation to the contact details given on the form. If you are a taxpayer, NHS Shetland Endowment Fund may reclaim tax on your donation if you complete the Gift Aid Declaration Form in the middle of the form.
- You may pass your donation, preferably by cheque, made payable to NHS Shetland Endowment Fund, directly to the Ward or Head of Department concerned. Each donation will be acknowledged in writing.
- It is possible to donate on-line at mydonate.bt.com. Please see link below
- If you wish to leave a legacy or bequest in your will, please ask your solicitor to contact NHS Shetland's Lead for the charity on 01595 743063 or Email: Colin Marsland
Would you like to make the donation directly to staff?
If you would like to visit the ward / department etc. to hand over a cheque or would like us to arrange publicity through the local press, please contact:
Shetland NHS Board Headquarters
Upper Floor Montfield
Tel: 01595 743063