NHS Shetland Board
Shetland NHS Board is responsible for health care for a population of around 23,000. Local Hospital and Community Services are provided from the Gilbert Bain Hospital. In addition, visiting consultants from NHS Grampian provide out-patient clinics as well as in-patient and day-case surgery to supplement the service provided by our locally-based Consultants in General Medicine, General Surgery, Anaesthetics and Psychiatry.
Vision and Values
Board Corporate Objectives 2012-13
- To continue to improve and protect the health of the people of Shetland.
- To provide quality, effective and safe services, delivered in the most appropriate setting for the patient.
- To redesign services where appropriate, in partnership, to ensure a modern sustainable local health service.
- To provide best value for resources and deliver financial balance.
Corporate Governance Handbook
- Standing Orders
- Scheme for the Constitution, Composition and Functions of Committees
- Scheme of Delegation
- Standing Financial Instructions
- Code of Conduct for NHS Shetland Board
- Standards of Conduct, Accountability and Openness