Health Improvement Department
The Health Improvement Department has the specialist role within NHS Shetland and Shetland as a whole in overseeing and developing health improvement. A major part of its role is developing new approaches to tackling health issues and inequalities in Shetland and developing the skills of other professionals, volunteers, agencies and organisations in promoting health. The work of the department includes:
- Determining health promotion priorities, including health needs assessment and meeting health improvement targets
- Co-ordination of health improvement, including building alliances for health, campaigns and projects
- Consultation and advice in the development of strategies, policies and the planning, implementation and evaluation of health improvement programmes
- Professional development and training, including specialist led courses and advice and input into training programmes
- Information and resources: a computerised resource service which is currently being developed and co-ordination of 'Help Yourself To Health' run through Shetland Islands Council Library Services.
- Research and evaluation: in addition to researching and evaluating its own work, Health Improvement can also advise and support other individuals and agencies in Shetland.
Health Improvement Team
Elizabeth Robinson, Karen Smith, Elsbeth Clark, Margaret Birrell, Rachel Stewart, Nicola Blance, Chloe MacIsaac, John Fraser, Kathleen Anderson, Jim Taylor.
Contact us on Phone 01595 743084 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org