The aim of the Promoting Attendace policy is to ensure that NHS Shetland employees adopt and understand the fair, consistent and supportive approach to promoting attendance.
Occupational Health Service responsibilities within this policy:
- Providing confidential and independent advice on any health related issue that may affect work and where appropriate accessing counselling for employees.
- Guaranteeing independence and confidentiality in line with legislation and professional codes of conduct.
- Advising managers about the suitability of potential employees to undertake the required role at a pre-employment stage.
- Advising managers about the suitability of work activities for employees following sickness absence or at other times where health issues may be involved.
- Advising managers about the likely duration of absence of employees who are absent from work owing to health problems and advising managers and employees on possible modifications, alterations to current role or alternative duties on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Providing rehabilitation services to employees to help them remain at or return to work.
For further information please refer to the complete Promoting Attendance Policy.